Saturday, September 19, 2009

Before and After

BEFORE:
(can you tell what it's going to be?)


AFTER:
(if you guessed "jellyfish pinata," you were right!)




Just in time for the birthday party, which is today. I finished it yesterday and as long as it can withstand some eager party guests yanking on its ribbons, it'll be an overall success. The finished product is only similar to the original image I had in my head, but I am still very pleased with how it turned out. It was supposed to be less Pac-Man ghost-shaped and more dome-shaped, but this was my first time working with chicken wire and paper mache (papier mache).

Well, I have some last minute party preparations to make before the other two members of my household wake up.  I hope your sea creature tolerance is high because you'll probably be bombarded by party-related pictures for the next week or so.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. OMG! that is amazing! I LOVE it!what an incredible idea, can't wait to see party pics :) Hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your jelly fish is amazing. i was hoping to make one for my son's 1st birthday coming up. how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.