Monday, September 7, 2009

Holy Fleece Cephalopod, Batman!

It's birthday party season here in the Berry household!  Yeah, it's pretty much a season because, although the actual birthday is not until mid-September, I started scheming in my mind what the theme should be at least a month ago.  I can't help it.  It's a great creative outlet for me and it only comes once a year, what with Susannah being an only child and all.  This year's theme:  Sea Creatures!  The invitations are almost done and the food and activities are all planned out.  Just two projects remain:  sewing the goodie bags and manipulating newspaper and a sticky flour/water mixture to form a jellyfish pinata.

I plan on posting pictures of all these creations as I complete them.  Until then, here's the reason I'm a little behind on the invitations. 


I decided I could make a big, fleece octopus without a pattern or any previous experience making big, fleece creatures.  It took a lot longer than I anticipated but I'm very happy with the results.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.