Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Octopi As Far As the Eye (Can See)

I started with futuregirl's Supercute Sea Creature pattern  about three weeks ago.  Now, 34 felt octopi (that's 272 tentacles), 68 googly eyes, and 408 sequins later...


...I am ready to mail off the birthday party invitations!


In case you can't read the wording "Come under the sea and celebrate with me!  You're o-fish-ally invited to Susannah's 4th birthday party...We hope to SEA you there!"  I know it's corny, but I love puns and until she's old enough to protest, Susannah's invitations will be brimming with word play.

LINKS TO MORE OF MY SEA CREATURE PARTY POSTS:
Sea Creature Cupcakes (includes a tutorial)
The Jellyfish Pinata I Made
Drawstring Goodie Bags (includes a link to a tutorial)
Party Craft #1 - Sea Creature Bead Bracelet
Party Craft #2 - Picture Frame Using Sea Creature Foamies



Pin It

13 comments:

  1. THESE ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOME OMG MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS PERMANENTLY STUCK I'M SO TICKLED!!!

    These are the most adorable invitations I've ever seen! And so lovingly made. Those googly eyes rock. xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely party you have done!!! I love to arrange children partys. If you want to se, look at my blog. Check in the catagorie "barnkalas".

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, and leftover octos can be used for anything really. Totally embodies the handmade spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Wish I'd seen these just a few weeks earlier to use the idea for my daughter's "princess mermaid" party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love these! The invitation wording is super cute! You have me thinking - what can I use these for =) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan! I'm featuring this today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Megan thanks for linking up to Get your PaRtY on over at The Two Savvy Sisters!! I am featuring your invites tomorrow, we would love if you stop by and grab out featured button!!Thanks for Linking up to the PARTY!!

    Smiles,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great invites! I just threw an under the sea baby shower. Its a very fun theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I am amazed that you actually sat and handmade 34 of those things and kept your sanity. lol! They came out great!!
    I have to tell you about a contest/giveaway going on at my website do-it-yourself-invitations.com because these would be perfect for it! The prize is your choice of a gift card from american express, lci paper, or scrapbook.com. Sadly, there hasn't been too many entries this month so you'd have a pretty good chance of winning something! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AGH!!!! Cute overload!! Thanks for linking these to Craftastic Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just too cute! What a lot of wonderful trouble you went to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making my own invitations - these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.