Sunday, October 4, 2009

Go Bananas!

For my daughter's third birthday we decided on a banana party, which kind of included monkeys because they go hand in hand.  We kept this one on the simple side because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding that took place the day before the party, so I didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to preparation.

The banana invitations were my favorite part!  The peel was made of felt and I came up with a pun for the wording - corny, but I love it!  I got the jumping-off point for this idea from a jungle theme party described on the Parents magzine website.




I had to include a pun in the thankyou notes.  They were a very simple creation, really.  I think my creative energies are tapped out when it's thankyou note time and they always seem to get the short end of the stick.  I found the stickers on Ebay.  They were scratch and sniff stickers, but they were also "vintage" (probably from the 80's?) so their smell and their adhesiveness were gone.  Cute, nontheless!

  



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. realling great invitations love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness - These are so adorable! You did an amazing job - so creative! Would love to have you link up to The Celebration Inspiration Link Party starting tonight. I would love to get an invitation like this ~ You did a great job! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining the Celebration party! Your creativity is simply amazing! These are the cutest invitations ever {makes me want to do a theme around bananas!} Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I created a link to you on my blog for you Banana themed birthday party. It is related to my son's 1st birthday Monkey themed party. Thank you for being so creative and sharing this idea. It really helped that using your invite idea to pull my idea for the party together. Please check out the post leading up to and following his party over the next few weeks...his day is June 1st!
    Thanks again,
    Angela
    amamas2centsworth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK those banana invitations, seriously, are just amazing. I LOVE them!!
    I have to tell you about a contest/giveaway going on at my website because you would be a shoe-in and sadly, there are not a whole lot of entries so a very good chance of winning something. It's at www.do-it-yourself-invitations.com on the contest page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyond cute & clever! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a Curious George theme for my son's first birthday and these would have just made the most awesome invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally love + adore this. Clever + creative. Inspired me to make for my own little chimp:) http://tinyurl.com/7rln57g

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.