Thursday, December 3, 2009

Something New, Something Blue

Whew!  I finished this embroidered wedding gift just in time for the reception on Saturday. 



This was created from a Jenny B. Harris embroidery design.  If you're into embroidery (or just cute, fun blogs) I'd highly recommend exploring her Allsorts blog.  Anyhoo, this is my most involved embroidery attempt and my first piece of framed embroidery.  I sewed a fabric border around it and placed some batting between it and the back of the picture frame.  It looks quite handsome all framed and finished.  Now for some closeups and reminder to comment on my December 1st post for a chance to win that little rodent down there.




 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Precious...You did a great job. I wish someone would have made one of these for our wedding. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I recognized it right away, as I have her Elfie pattern and I love everything about her blog. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling!!!! The flowers in the garland are beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost looks like an outline of french knots...well done and a great selection of colors. This is how we grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this too :) made a tote for my friend's wedding with the same pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embroidery work is precious, very cute finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its so beautiful - you are talented!

    thanks so much for stopping by my little space and entering my giveaway!

    xoxo
    crissy

    http://crissybell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.