Saturday, February 6, 2010

All A-Flutter For Valentine's Day




The dining room table at our house has been converted into Valentine Central.  We're making a handful of different Valentines this year because the internet is so full of wonderful ideas and we couldn't decide on just one.  First on our list is this Butterfly Valentine from Skip to My Lou.  It's super simple.  All you have to do is print, cut, decorate (4 year olds are particularly good at decorating butterflies), and insert a sucker.


I cut some scrapbook paper down to size and used that to print the butterflies onto.  We used the scraps from the scrapbook paper and a heart paper punch to make the decorations for their wings.  The directions say to cut slits for the sucker insertion portion of the project, but I don't have an exacto knife so I used a small hole punch instead.  The last step was to glue on the googly eyes, which was Susannah's favorite part. 


We made about a dozen of these to share with the girls in Susannah's preschool class.  The boys will be getting something a little less pink - but that's another post for another day.  In the meantime, our herd of butterflies is ready to go!  What do you call a group of butterflies, anyway?  Not a herd.  A flock?  A gaggle?...No, that's geese.  A swarm?  Hmmm. 




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Super Idea! I'm going to have my daughter make these for her classmates :) Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my God!! what a great job u did!!
    can i have one? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.