Sunday, March 14, 2010

Around Here We Call It St. Patchwork's Day

I made a skirt!  It's a St. Patrick's Day skirt for Susannah.  I so enjoy St. Patrick's Day.  My name is Irish (I think the traditional spelling has an 'h' and maybe an extra 'e' in there somewhere, though) but I am not of Irish descent.  I just like the idea of mischeivous leprechauns and pinching people and eating green food and rainbows and luck and stuff like that.  Also, my birthday is the day before St. Patrick's Day and I think any lingering birthday excitement has just always been carried over into the 17th.  Ooops.  I'm skirting the issue, aren't I?  Back to the reason for this post:

[I should know better than to say "smile" because it always leads to a unnatural smile like this - just try to focus on the skirt.]

I followed this tutorial from Melissa at The Polka Dot Chair - a great crafty blog.  I altered the waisband a bit, but ended up with the same result - a full, twirly skirt that Susannah loves to wear!


Here's a close-up of the fun, green fabrics I used: 


I think that making more skirts is definitely in my future.  It was an easy task for a beginning sewist such as myself and it was fun!



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this skirt! You did a great job..it's so cute! Such endless possibilities!

    *I have a soft spot for rainbows and leprechauns myself! A happy early birthday and St. Patty's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I LOVE it! And I love the smile in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love the skirt. . and cute little model too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happing over from CSI. . . this is Adorable! Thanks for sharing! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is adorable, Megan! I love all of the green fabrics. Thanks for linking up to Point of View, and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.