Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Peeps Shirt for Easter

The dichotomy of Peeps:  they look as though they'd taste great - the festive colors, cute shapes, and sparkly sugary coating - but they're GROSS!  Well, that's just my opinion.  Something about a mouthful of marshmallow, no matter how cute it looks in the package, just isn't for me.  I have a similar issue with candy corns.  They appear to be delicious little morsels of Halloween goodness, but they're overpoweringly sweet and not tasty at all.  I apologize if I'm offending anyone with my views on holiday treats.  I'll stop my rambling now and get to the crafty point...this shirt:


Susannah loves it!  I tried to get some photos of her wearing it before we headed out to library story time yesterday.  How do you get a wiggly four year old to hold still and look at the camera for a photo without it looking forced or awkward?  If you know of any tips for photographing preschoolers, please do share.



I got the idea for this Peep shirt from a blog called All the Small Things.  There's a handy tutorial posted there for a bunny Peeps shirt.  My version is altered slightly - my bunnies are larger and I used fleece instead of cotton fabric.  Hop on over there if you want a peep shirt of your own...it's a really simple project!

 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love that! It looks so great Megan, you did a great job. I may whip one of these up for my neice thanks for the link.
    I agree with you on holiday treats, can't stand peeps and candy corn are awful as are the chocolate eggs at Easter, the ones that come in a net. They are cheap and taste awful. But other than that...Easter is great for all kinds of yummy treats....Mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about holy crap -- that shirt is adorable! And I bet you could totally make the bunny egg cozy. It's almost all single crochet, and then just sewing the 2 ears on. Reading patterns / making things is actually much easier than the outsome looks. trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a festive and sweet creation! I ONLY WISH I THOUGHT peeps were gross--- I have a major sweet tooth and I can eat twenty at a time! :):) Maybe next year, I'll have to make a shirt like this for me... heheheheh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan! Your shirt turned out SOOOOOO cute!!! The felt is ADORABLE!!! Thank you so much for linking me up... so sweet of you!

    Now I'm off to check out the rest of your darling site- so far it's right up my alley!!! Can't wait to see it all!
    -gillian

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.