Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Practical Baby Shower Gift

I'm churning out the owl-themed baby gifts over here because I'm invited to a shower with a woodland creature thing goin' on. 


Pay no attention to the imperfect stitching.  Instead, focus on the practicality of this cute gift.  How handy to have your wipes, diaper, and changing pad all in one little clutch!  I wish I'd had something like this when Susannah was a youngin'. 

I'm pairing this on-the-go-mom-gift with the owl bib I just crocheted.  While both gifts are totally cute, one is handy and useful and the other is terribly impractical.  The yin and yang of owl gifts.   



I used an incredibly simple tutorial that I found at Cluck. Cluck. Sew (a fun blog worthy of a visit). 

On a slightly related note:  If any of my friends are reading this, I'd like to urge you to get pregnant so I can make you some baby shower stuff - it's really fun!  I found so many tutorials for adorable baby gifts and it'd be a shame for them to go to waste!


Pin It

18 comments:

  1. OH Megan! What lovely gifts! Wish I was pregnant ;)

    I adore the owl..so cute and such a practical gift...Lucky friends you have.

    Have I told you that when I was little my favourite name in the world was Megan?
    I had many dolls named Megan but my favourite was
    Megan Marie Blueberry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this? I love cute & practicality together.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and I love the crocheted owl bib! I think you could just put that on whether they needed a bib or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...I did see these before and wanted to give them a try so thanks for the link. Lucky new mum!!!
    Unfortunately they don't really do showers her...booooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I bought something just like this, but now I wish I had sewn one as cute as this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!! I still need to make a diaper clutch, so thanks for the kick in the butt!! Love that little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Your gifts would fit right in with the camping themed shower I'm hosting in June. ;)

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, so much so that I gave you a blog award here http://westbrookedrive.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blog-award.html.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's adorable.
    i'll sew for my little daughter.
    loves from Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love the owl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this CUTE! I really need to learn how to sew - I could use one of these NOW!!!

    Cute stuff!

    I found you on Lucky Star Lane!

    Sam
    Mom. Undecided.
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! I will be making some right away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it!!

    Please stop by and visit my giveaway at www.bethouaknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! great idea...come on over and link up to making monday marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woodland creatures would be a fabulous shower theme!!!!!
    I love these cute little owls!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! You should make a matching "hoot"er hider to go with it :-) Loved checking in on your blog for the first time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea! I love these little rolls - so handy when you are out and about. Great job and the owl is super cute! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.