Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bean Bags for Craft Hope

I did get these bean bags finished and shipped off by the deadline (May 15th, I think it was) but I'm just now getting around to sharing them.  Craft Hope's "Project 7" was (and maybe still is) making bean bags for the Liberia Orphan Education Project (LEOP).  They requested bean bags with letters, numbers, shapes, or colors - I chose numbers.


At first I made bean bags for numbers 0-9.  Then I decided to put a math spin on the project by making corresponding dot beanbags, some math symbols ( +, =, -) and some extra numbers.  Observe:


I ended up with quite a few bean bags.   


I fashioned a nice drawstring bag and stuffed them all in.  Then I shipped them off to Craft Hope!  Shipping costs were minimal, though, because they couldn't be stuffed with anything perishable because of customs, so I used polyester fiber fill - super light and fluffy!  They're more like pillows than bean bags, actually!




SYS Thurs


Pin It

21 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do a reverse applique for a while. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make some bean bags for Craft Hope but it didn't fit into my schedule this time around. Your's turned out GREAT! Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous and you are very generous with your time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally adorable! What a great cause, those kids are going to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so clever!! Very cute idea, visiting from 733 link party.
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are fab, how good of you to contribute your time and talents.
    Collette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so great! You are so generous, we all need to be more like you and donate our talents and time to great causes like Craft Hope. Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dot beanbags and the math symbols! I made some for Project 7 too. I should really make some for my 3 year old now. :) http://www.thesellers.net/2010/04/spreading-hope-in-liberia/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I have never heard of Craft Hope. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bean bags!! So cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are AWESOME! I was a math teacher and I love it! :)

    I featured you here:
    http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday-postlight-soys-30-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those are amazing! Love the added featured and the reverse applique. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable. I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are so so cute!
    i love the way they look
    and thanks for commenting on my blog! you are so understanding- it is a terribul thing to be separeted from my sewing machine
    so crule! and so true!
    at least i can do some hand stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, these bean bags are just adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I featured you on my Monday Shareday: http://milknhoneylearnandgrow.blogspot.com/2010/06/monday-shareday-new.html. If you have other posts you want to share be sure to link up on Mondays. Thanks, Shonda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea! I am featuring it on my sidebar starting today and ending whenever I fell like changing it! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing. So cute and educational.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.