Friday, June 4, 2010

Child's Oven Mitt - Cookin' Up Some FUN!

Okay, I hope the birthday girl (she's going to be 8 years old) thinks this is as neat as I do!  I found a tutorial for a child-sized oven mitt at Skip to My Lou.  It was super easy and I've decided that every apron I make should now be accompanied by a coordinating oven mitt.  Back to the subject at hand (that's a sneaky pun so I put it in itallics).  I made this cute oven mitt:


I stuffed it full of some baking implements that I found at a kitchen store.  Yup.  That's a cat face on the spatula and a smiley face on the spoon!  I also included a set of colorful measuring cups, a cute little recipe box with matching recipe cards, and a package of peanut butter morsels.  She'd better bake me some cookies as a "thank you!"


I never buy gift bags but I always have a bunch of them left over from gifts that Susannah has gotten.  I found a bag that matches one of the pinwheels I made so many of a month ago.  It never hurts to accessorize your gift bag!



Pin It

18 comments:

  1. What a cute, cute gift idea. Any little one would love to have that.

    I came here via Craft Invy. Hope you can visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute idea for a child's gift. I bet she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a cute and fun gift. I'm sure she will love it.
    -Crytal

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a cute oven mitt, and great idea to stuff it with baking goodies, she is going to be delighted!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gracious! That is PRECIOUS!!! I love it all stuffed with kitchen utensils. Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you used! What a fun gift and it's so great that you included everything she'll need to whip up something tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect birthday idea for my oldest!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the oven mitt!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure my 3 year old girl would love this. And it would go perfectly with her cardboard cake we made last weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this... it would have been a perfect gift for my daughters cooking party last year!

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable gift! Love it!! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are having a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute gift idea! I love how awesome the mit turned out! I also was loving the pinwheel on the bag! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Sew Much Ado & santasgiftshoppe... Love your mitt & isn'e Skip to my Lou the best?..These would go great with my childrens apron sets..Thanks so much.
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @
    santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so so cute!
    i love that fabric you picked

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so cute!
    i love that fabric you picked

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the mitt! I love crafts and have my own online boutique. I am a follower of yours and would love for you to stop by and look around my blogspot and hopefully follow me. Thanks, mimilovesall8

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! Love the material on this and what a clever way to package everything together. I hope you’ll join me again next week for another fantastic party! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would be a great gift for my little niece. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.