Monday, September 13, 2010

I Invite You to Check Out These Invitations

The invitations for Susannah's last two birthday parties were riddled with puns, but alas, I couldn't come up with a single rainbow pun that really worked.  So, these invitations to her upcoming rainbow birthday party have nary a pun.  Kinda sad. 

Well, they may have scored low on the witty factor, but they blew the competition away in the cuteness category (at least I think so)!



Nothing too terribly fancy.  Just some fun scrapbook paper, white cardstock, and a handful of glue sticks.  I've never gone through so many glue sticks before!  Did I mention that I found a tutorial for making your own envelope liners?  Check it:


The tutorial called for wrapping paper (which I plan to use in the future because how affordable is that!) but I couldn't find any that suited my theme.  So I just used my paper trimmer and some scrapbook papers.  This was a great way to personalize the invitations even more and use up some of that fun paper!  So, thank you to Annie Get Your Glue Gun for sharing the line your own envelopes idea!

Here's a shot of the inside (with all the personal information eliminated to foil any stalkers or party crashers that may be lurking about):


Again, pretty simple but still colorful and fun.  I'm very pleased with the way they turned out and I think the project yielded the prettiest box of scraps I've ever seen.  In case you're curious, the papers I used for the front of the invitations and the liners came from Oriental Trading - the only place that I could find actual rainbow designs.  Just a note about Oriental Trading products - they are cheaply made, but accordingly priced, too.  Perfect for budgets and kid-friendly crafts! 



Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the idea of lining the envelopes! Hope she has a wonderful party.

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those invitations are so cute! very creative use of papers. Can't wait to see more on your rainbow party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the envelope liners! So cute. These invites are adorable, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!

    Like the cards and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute invitations. I bought that pack of paper from Oriental Trading for my youngest daughter for her birthday. She loves to use paper punches to make things and I thought this paper would be fun for her to work with.


    Very classy with the envelope liners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always found clean-and-simple style cards a challenge. But here you used the colours, ballon and little rainbow to great effect !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I love the envelope liners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! These invites are oh so cute!! Thanks for using my tutorial. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the cutest invitations ever! We have been doing rainbow inspired activities for the last week! Coming thru from ABC and 123.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I love the theme of a rainbow for a party - so much you could do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is cute! I love it! I love simple when it comes to cards! I especially love the inside! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking them up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable! I love the lined envelopes. I will check out that link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love them. rainbows are so my thing....love the circles inside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are darling! So cheerful. I think the extra cuteness certainly makes up for the lack of puns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. THese are adorable! I love the rainbow theme and the liners are a wonderful touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are so bright and colorful! I love the play on Roy G Biv, so creative and unique! I have heard what you shared about Oriental Trading supplies, but at least you got super cute cards and they were probably less over all than if you bought scrapbook paper at a specialty or craft store. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree and Show & Tell on ABC & 123: A Learning Cooperative! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, so cute!! I am loving this rainbow theme and how you are making it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Love the rainbow theme INSIDE the card too! Great job! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for posting a link.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are SO cute! I just had a big art party for my daughter with tons on rainbow stuff in it. Love all those great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi megan i think that they're darling. thx for linking up at a crafty soiree! hope to see you back tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are just adorable! I love the envelope linners and the rainbows are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.