Friday, September 17, 2010

Pom Poms and Buckets

I'm in full-on party preparation mode over here.  I view the world only in terms of how it relates to my rainbow party.  Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple...those are the only colors I see.

Chances are you've seen these tissue paper pom poms before.  I've seen them around and always thought they were lovely.  After I saw what Amy at Buggie and Jellybean did with them at her rainbow party, the deal was sealed - I had to make rainbow tissue paper pom poms for Susannah's party (and probably in corresponding colors for every party hereafter). 


Right now they're hanging from a ceiling hook in the spare room/craft room out of reach of the cat and child.  I'm not sure where they'll be at the party.  We're having it at a local park and I hope I can find something to attach them to.  I kinda like them all clustered together like this, too.  This is the most affordable party decoration I've encountered so far.  I found the tissue paper at the dollar store and I already had some bendy wire stuff leftover from a wreath I once tried to make.  Each one cost 25 cents for the supplies and they were quick and easy to assemble.  I used Martha Stewart's tutorial, by the way.

Another inexpensive decoration that is also functional is this set of buckets.  One for each color of the rainbow, spruced up with some ribbon and some free printables that I found at Paper Glitter.



I'm going to use these at the food table.  I think they'd hold an awful lot of pretzels, chips, and the like so I'm going to have to devise a false bottom for them.  I found them this summer at Michael's craft store for $1 each!  The ribbon was also from Michaels, and I still have a ton left on the spool...frugal party planning is buckets of fun!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Those pom poms are gorgeous! I think I would want those hanging around all year through!
    It's going to be a great party...lot's of great ideas! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! Your colours are so bright and cheerful :)
    We're in full party planning mode here too - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and cheery. I like the buckets - clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow party! Your pom poms are so puffy and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it is going to be an awesome party! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! This is way cute!! I am a follower of yours now!! Kudos!

    Simple as 1-2-3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poms are AWESOME! they drive me crazy to make! And the buckets are a great find! Can't wait to see more!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my babyshower at a park and I hung the pom poms we made from the pavilion. Your rainbow party looks like so much fun! Planning parties is something I like to do.

    I would love for you to vote in the poll on my blog. I like how your blog is a play on your name (I think), I was going to do something like that (Cruzin with kids).

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.