Friday, October 22, 2010

Spider Web Treats

When you're birthday is October 18th, there's a good chance you're gonna get a Halloween-themed party.  My thirty-year old sister knows that all too well.  This year I made her a spider web cake...


...and spider web cookies to go with it.


Skip to my Lou posted a simple little tutorial for making the web cookies and that went so well that I decided to try it on the cake, too.  Luckily, my daughter went through a bug/arachnid phase and we still have plenty of plastic creepy crawlies around the house. 

Happy birthday, Jennie!


   



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Looks Delish! Wish I had someone as talented as you making me a cake. Love the cobweb cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spiderweb treats look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spiderweb cookies are adorable. As a 29th October birthday girl, I have to say, the deviation from candy corn is much appreciated. Bless my mom but she always made a chocolate cake with candy corn decoration for her Halloween birthday girl. I now hate candy corn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love Festive Birthdays especially with a fun theme like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies and cake are beautiful, I'm sure everyone was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog just found it through links! If you would ever like new recipes or want share you own...please become a follower and email us.. we love to feature people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic cake -- you really make me want to get in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am envious of your spider cake and cookies! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.