Monday, February 14, 2011

I Mustache You a Question...

...Will you be my Valentine?


A felt mustache hot glued onto a pencil.  We made 20 of these to share at preschool today. 



Creative credit for the witty pun goes to The Craft Monkey.  You MUST see what she did with the whole mustaches-for-Valentines theme!  Since I'm not gifted in the mustache-drawing department, I used a template from Finley and Oliver (she actually used her 'stache to applique a onsie - cuteness!).

We also made a handful of these sucker lips - an idea that I found at Cupcakes, Kisses 'n' Crumbs


Since there are just too many cute Valentine ideas out there, we made some flamingos, too!  We saw this idea in a Ranger Rick magazine that we checked out from the library months and months ago. 




Pin It

13 comments:

  1. All cute! The heart flamingoes are my favorites =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love them all but the mustache is way too cute!!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha! Those mustaches are adorable! Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, "mustache you a question" that's cute. I also sent pencils with my daughter. They were sparkle pencils (who doesn't love sparkles?) with little square tags that said "<3 Jenin".

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the mustaches! So cute. Add it looks like a quick project, too... bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute Valentine's Day ideas! I think my favorite is the flamingo because I remember getting Ranger Rick magazine as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out great! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mustache Valentines are genius---really cute and loveably punny. :D (And what a cool change from those little store-bought kids' Valentines with whatever cartoon character is popular on them. The way you share your creativity with your daughter is pretty inspiring.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many cute ideas! The moustaches are genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are all brilliant! Love them all moustaches, the lips and the flamingos! All just perfect!

    Do come and join us on Kids Get Crafty again! Latest link http://www.redtedart.com/2011/02/16/kids-get-crafty-robot-cards-the-robot-the-blue-bird/

    Would love to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are super cute! I bet the kids loved them!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha love it!

    Feel free to stop by and link up to my Make & Share 1st edition today and come back every friday thru saturday!

    ~ Christy

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.