Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Making Music and Movement Merrier

Like the alliteration in the title?  I've got a thing for M's this morning.  Actually, I wanted to title this post Bust a Move (or something equally as fly).  Just some combination of Music and Movement and Scrap Busting - becuase that's what these two simple projects are all about.

See? Bean bags and CD storage for the Music and Movement class that Susannah and I go to on Thursday mornings!  I've been subbing for the teacher for a couple of months now, so it's been in the forefront of my mind more than it would be if I were just an attendee.  I think the majority of my "what am I going to craft next" inspiration reflects whatever is going on in my life at the moment.  Hence, these fun bean bags!

Now we can do the Bean Bag Boogie song as many times as we want and with as many moms and kids as we want - because I made a whole slew of these bad boys!  Oh, and to safely store the CD's with all our groovy music, I made this little beauty:


I began with this tutorial from Georgia at Puking Pastilles as my jumping-off point.  I ended up tweaking  it quite a bit - I wanted more of the CD's to peek out of the pockets, I didn't need it to be car visor-friendly, and I'm intimidated by bias tape...so my version is quite different.  I couldn't have done it without Georgia's tutorial though, so thanks for the concept!
Of course, once I'd made one for Music and Movement, I decided that Susannah needed one, too.  The bean bags and the CD holder are perfect scrap busting projects and I couldn't stop busting! 






Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Very cute! So organized, that you can just grab and go. My style, totally!

    http://shannon-shanshenanigans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is tempting! I was just thinking that I need to reorganize some CDs, and these sleeves look amazing. I love the fabrics you used, especially those great owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cleaver project. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ideas, Megan! The CD holder would be great for storing my girls' DVDs. The DVD cases take up a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brillant idea, fabric used is lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great craft here - love how the cds are held so cutely. I think your kitty hat is adorable, too! I'm your newest follower, from the What Allie's Making Now blog hop. I'm hosting a blog hop too, you should come by. http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/05/fancy-friday-blog-hop-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, what a cute cd holder Ÿ You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee hee! I love your alliteration and clever alternative titles. I totally dig your style!

    My family could definitely use one of those CD holders to hold our DVDs on long summer road trips!

    Thank you for sharing your fly scrap bustin' moves on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Bust a Move reference...

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan, I love your scraps, he he. Your signature duck fabric, is toooooo cute. I love the cd holder the most, its so pretty, so colorful, and sure beats the ugly ones I have.

    I loved it so much I FEATURED you, I hope it puts a smile on your face.

    Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

    **Features from week #35** @ Bella Before and After

    Thanks girl :)

    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable bean bags...love your goose print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabrics you've chosen for your bean bags..very lively and bright..just looking at them will make your classmates want to bust a move!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great eye for fabrics. I see fabrics with small prints in the store and never know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.