Monday, August 15, 2011

My Pear Bag

"Pear" refers to the fabric of which the bag is constructed, not the intended use of the bag.  Besides, I don't think I'll ever have enough pears to necessitate a designated pear bag.

 
My pear bag is used mainly for toting around Susannah's dance and gymnastics stuff - very handy and very cute!  I used the free pattern for the Diana Hobo Bag from Think Liz.  It was super easy to follow for a novice bag-maker like myself.  The only thing I did differently was add a strip of fabric at the base of the yoke.  I think it helps to break up the pears and apples flying everywhere!  


I have some of this fabric left over and I'm excited about using it to make something else just as fun and fruity!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. SO cute. You did good my friend, it is indeed fun and fruity. A happy bag for sure.

    Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag! I will have to try out the tute! (one can never have enough bags!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable fabric and the design of the bag is sweetness itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab bag, you did a great job! The fabric is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabric and the bag looks super! Used the very same for a cute apron for my daughter who loves helping in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is beautiful - what a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking around and really enjoy your blog. Thanks for all the great inspiration. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.