Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Night Before Christmas Embroidery

Well, the plan was to make a collection of these hoops to hang as Christmas decorations, each highlighting a portion of the ever popular "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem.  Last year I made the Not a creature was stirring mouse for Gwenny Penny's Haul Out the Holly.  This year I completed the Hung by the chimney with care stockings.  I seem to be averaging one per year...check back in a decade or so if you want to see the completed set.



The mouse hoop, by the way, is a tutorial complete with a template!  See the little gray mouse down there?  I made him for a giveaway a long, long time ago and he was the inspiration for my overly ambitious let's-make-a-set idea. 



I also got a little sidetracked and made a hoop for one of my favorite Christmas carols.


I know what you're thinking.  "Why can't the little pink bird just fly up to the top of the tree to hang the shining star upon the highest bough?"  Because that wouldn't look as cute embroidered and framed, now would it?

   A Crafty Soiree Laugh, Love, & Craft



Pin It

19 comments:

  1. SO cute. I'm putting these on Pinterest right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check back in a decade - I think it will be absolutely adorable.

    I also like the carol - I didn't think that at all because the little bird looked so cute stretching that it never did occur to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The full set of these will totally be worth the decade wait! ;) Really adorable, I love the delicate little stitches on the stockings and the stars in the corner. I love the birds-and-tree hoop, too, the tree looks amazing. Now I'm wanting to try embroidery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. They are simple, amazingly well done, and unique! I'm a huge fan of them!

    Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest thing I've seen yet!!! I am going to attempt it! You did a fantastic job. Can't wait to see the rest...no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love these! Don't quit making them! The entire set will be beautiful and you will have that story to tell each year when you decorate your tree!
    Jenny
    Please stop by and enter our FREE GIFTS for Christmas GIVEAWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is cute! I love the little mouse!

    I'd love for you to link your post up at my Friday Favorites party. This week is a special Holly Bloggy Christmas edition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new hoop, Megan! It turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new hoop! We still have Mr. Mouse hanging in our daughter's room! :) Hopefully, I will have better sleep luck when baby brother arrives in March!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, a whole set will look stunning. I want to find some hoops and have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are all so cute!! One a year seems to be a pretty good goal to me hehe :) Can't wait for more next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, these are just to cute!! My crafty to-do list has just gotten longer!!
    Rinni @ Rinni'sPlayground

    ReplyDelete
  13. HEEE! How cute! I love the little birdies and that mouse is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness, I remember loving that little mouse last year and the new designs are fabulous too! Thank you for linking up to A Crafty Soiree, I'm featuring your post in the newest one up Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! I featured this on my blog tonight :) Come stop by and grab a button! http://www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/12/your-whims-wednesday-39-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beyond cute - can't wait to see next year's addition! I've featured you this week as one of the Craftastic link party favorites. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! I LOVE THIS!!!! It is so sweet and the detail is fabulous!

    Would love for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! I'm just starting to get into a little more embroidery myself, so this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.