Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cookies for the Secretaries

The secretaries at my daughter's school have helped our transition into Kindergarten and public school go so smoothly this year.  They tolerate my zillions of questions (with a smile) and always know the answer. 

I'm sure I don't know half of what the business/clerical aspects of their job entail, but I have seen that they deal with pretty much everyone who comes through the front doors of the school -- and I'll bet they see more pee-soaked pants, puke and germs than the average teacher and custodian combined!  So, don't they deserve some pretty cookies when Adminstrative Professionals' Day rolls around?




In addition to thanking the school secretaries, I MUST thank Marian at Sweetopia.  She posted a video tutorial on how to make these daisy cookies that was incredibly helpful, especially since this was my first time making royal icing transfers!


Have you thanked the administrative professionals in your life lately?

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Yum!! Those look wonderful - I bet they were greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are so pretty, I would love to get a gift like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cookies! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet cookies! I bet they love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable, soooo pretty! Thanks for linking up to Delicately Constructed Friday!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE!!! Would be cute for Mother's Day too
    Marian's tutorial are excellent!!


    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/16-mothers-day-crafts/
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious, Megan. So sweet of you to recognize the secretaries at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I made royal icing wedding cake cookies for my wedding, and whereas they tasted great - they looked like a drunken 5 year old decorated them ;) Yours are MUCH better looking!!!

    I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays, going on now through Wednesday! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/05/martha-monday-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Megan, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color on these! You did a great job on the transfers. I've tried transfers a few time and ended up breaking them when peeling them off the parchment. GRRR

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look awesome!! Love the color! I would LOVE to have you share this at my link party going on...and even enter the giveaway! Following you via GFC!

    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/05/homemade-by-you-11-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job- those are beautiful!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cookies! The germs, puke & pee from the point of view of the secretary. I bet these hazards weren't listed on the job description! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Take a look at my blog and maybe you wanna follow each other?! :X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.