Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Girly Bug Valentines

May I introduce you to the perfect valentine - according to my standards, at least?


  • They're home made (so they've got that extra-special vibe).
  • They contain no sugar (there's enough of that already on Valentine's Day).
  • They're practical (holding those wispy hairs in place is a very important job).
  • They reflect the giver (in this case, a girl who loves all creepy crawlies and fluttery bugs).
  • They embrace the mason jar trend (of which I am a big fan).


These are actually last year's Valentines.  Bless your heart if you think I've got my ducks in such a perfect row that I'm able to assemble, photograph, and blog about them before Valentine's Day - even with the help of my then-Kindergartner.  It's already February 13th and I'm just now getting around to posting valentines from a year ago!  Apparently I've got a turn around time of about 12 months... 

Regardless of what year these are from, let me give you a few of the specifics.  The original idea came from a a post on Dandee about Love Bug Valentines.  She actually used plastic bugs instead of hair clips (more boy-appropriate) and she's got a mason jar .pdf that you can download and print!

I'm pretty sure I found instructions for making the bug hair clips (as well as the supplies) at Hip Girl Boutique.  We attached them to the valentines by cutting a small slit in the paper and clipping them in place. 

I love how they turned out and I think the lady bug is my favorite! 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those are darling - I bet they were a hit last year!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.