Friday, June 28, 2013

A Cake Fit for a Chief

I love making cakes for my friend, Rose.  She gives me a few just a few details to go on and then lets me have free artistic rein.

This time she asked me to make a birthday cake for her husband.  Naval chief, patriotic guy, July birthday.  Those were the specs she gave to get my creative juices flowing. 


It's even patriotic on the inside!  I found a handy tutorial for making the flag layers at Celebrations at Home.

By the way, Rose has her own photography business (RAW Graphics).  You probably noticed the difference in quality and awesomeness between her pictures and mine, which is another reason I love making cakes for her - I get some pretty sweet photos of my creations!




Some close ups of the royal icing details.  This was also my first time using lustre dust, which gave the anchor and rope a nice golden glow.



Happy 4th of July, Everyone!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I really like the anchor but I love the interior!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cake! The flag effect inside is so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. I like 'em. If you have a question please email me (my email is on the sidebar) and I promise I'll reply in a timely fashion.